Monday, July 5, 2010

The Comforter's Center Needs your support in saving lives

Monica’s testimony

My name is Monica; I am giving a testimony on how the comforter’s center helped me to make a decision which I am very proud of.

One day, I woke up early in the morning not feeling very well. As a woman, I suspected that I would be pregnant though I was not sure. So I went and talked to my friend who advised me to go for a pregnancy test. She directed me to a place where they carry out free pregnancy tests and she told that it is called the comforter’s center. The following day, I prepared myself and came to the center. My reason for visiting was to carry out a pregnancy test which they did. After the test, the result showed I was positive which means, I was pregnant. When the results were showed to me, I could not pretend that all was well. I was a married woman but I had very many problems. My husband, who has other three children from another woman, did not want me to have another baby very soon and he had already warned me about it. So, the news came as a shock to me. In addition to that, I am just a house wife who has nothing to contribute to the family’s welfare. My husband was also not earning enough money to cater for five children.

Immediately after seeing the test results, I asked the counselor if she could help me to carry out an abortion. I did not know the kind of person I was talking to. I thought that the center could help me to abort my baby which wasn’t the case. Instead, the counselor talked to me about the life of an unborn child and talked more about the dangers of abortion. I left the center very worried on how I was going to tell my husband.

When I reached home, my husband was still at work. So I waited for him but still wondering how I was going to break the news to him. By God’s grace I developed courage and talked to him. He reacted bitterly and told me that he was going to look for money such that I can go to the clinic and end that pregnancy. Since the counselor at the center had already explained to me about abortion procedures, I became scared and told him that I was not ready for an abortion. But all this fell on a deaf ear because he insisted that I go and have an abortion or else I leave his house.

The following day, I returned to the center because I was very desperate. I again talked to the counselor who told me that she would pray for me and asked me if it was possible for me to invite my husband such that they could also talk to him. I told her that it was okay with me though in my heart I was not sure that he would accept to come. Lucky enough, when I talked to him, he accepted to come to the center. We came together and had a talk with the counselor. It was not easy to convince him to accept the pregnancy but where God is, everything is possible. He later accepted the pregnancy on one condition that the center assists me during the pregnancy. This wasn’t a problem with them because all they wanted was to save the baby that I was carrying.

On 3rd June 2010, I gave birth to a bouncing baby boy whom I named Akello David. David surprised the nurses who helped me in the hospital. On his arrival, he looked like a one month old baby. He is very handsome and he has made me a proud mother of two; a boy and a girl. Whenever I look at him, it reminds me how I was going to miss the joy of seeing him grow. I believe it wasn’t the comforter’s center; I would have ended the life of David. I believe that God who saved David from abortion will also provide for us everything we need to look after him.
I thank God for bringing me to the Center and thank them very much for the great work they are doing in saving the lives of innocent babies.
Thank you very much and God bless you abundantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment